Home Staging Consultations
Get a custom pre-listing coaching session from a professional home stager who will provide recommendations and instructions that will raise the perceived value of your home listing in the eyes of prospective buyers and help you MAKE MORE MONEY!
Here’s what to expect during your custom pre-listing consultation:
- All of our consultations are given by TJ McArdle, Principal Stylist and CEO of Larimar Home Staging. TJ is an award-winning home stager with multiple credentials, including OCS (certified Occupied Consultation Specialist). As an OCS, TJ is an expert in advising home sellers who will be remaining in the house while it's on the market.
- TJ isn't showing up to your house to judge your decorating choices. She's there to help you make more money. But to do this, she must give recommendations for edits to your home that will help it fit the needs and aesthetic tastes of your targeted buying demographic, which may be different from yours. More often than not, the targeted buyer is in a different generation than the home seller, so the tastes and needs of the buyer who's willing to offer the most money may be quite different from your own needs and tastes. Please don't take this personally.
- Once TJ arrives to your house, she'll need to get started right away, so that you'll get the most value out of the time you've paid for. This type of consultation is referred to as a "walk and talk" in the home staging industry. TJ will “walk and talk” while you take notes. She'll be viewing the home from the perspective of both home buyers and the camera lens that will be taking the all-important marketing photos. TJ knows how to make a room appear larger. She knows how to draw the buyers' eyes to the selling features of a home, and downplay anything that may be perceived as a flaw. She knows which colors photograph the best and which palettes and styles are the most popular with your targeted buyer.
- TJ will be offering recommendations for any updates to the house she believes will help you get a higher return on your investment. For example, she may suggest a fresh coat of paint in some areas (she'll specify the color), or she may suggest one or more light fixtures be replaced. She'll offer recommendations that work with your time frame and budget in mind. As you move through the house and address specific areas, if you let her know that there isn’t time and/or money for her initial suggestion, she’ll offer a “Plan B”. If “Plan B” isn’t possible, she'll do her best to come up with a “Plan C”.
- TJ will specify which items should be pre-packed and removed from the house (you can decide which of those items you'll put into storage, which to sell, which to donate, etc). She'll also determine if any of the furniture, artwork or accessories to remain in the home should be rearranged.
- If you're interested in a written report for $150, or a proposal for our additional Photo Prep/Occupied Staging service, let TJ know and she'll prepare and email these after your consultation.
- Everything described above in an in-person visit to the home.
- Our in-person consultations are available for homes in the Inland Empire, Orange County, Riverside County and San Gabriel Valley regions of Southern California
- We will travel to any home within a 1-hour drive (one way) from our office at no additional charge. Homes more than one hour from us will incur a travel fee of $2 for each additional minute. Alternatively, you have the option of booking the online consultation to avoid travel fees.
- Everything described above using Zoom teleconferencing. Clients will need a smart device with a camera and mic, and a 20' or longer tape measure. A laser measuring tool will also be very helpful.
- Since no travel is required, our online consultations are available worldwide, as long as we will be speaking with someone who is fluent in English (TJ--regretfully--is not fluent in any other languages). Alternatively, clients may provide a translator at their expense, but please be advised that this will slow down the pace of the consultation, and the time restrictions under the fee will still apply.